December 5, 2015 - Final Pattern Shop of the Year

Hopefully this will be my last splurge shop before the end of the year....Right? I recently resigned up for the Stoney Creek newsletter. BAD IDEA! There was a freebie pattern in the latest edition to hit my email. Then I had to peruse the rest of the sale items & before I knew it I had a basket of smalls ordered. (* u *) Whoops.

The Freebie which lured me in was the Dec '15 Pattern Of The Month  "Live ~ Black Swallowtail". Then I wound up with both the Autumn & Winter 2015 magazines. As well as the POTM's for :
  1. Nov '12       "Take Time for Yourself".
  2. Oct '12        "Life is a Journey"
  3. Jan '13         "Listen to Your Dreams"
  4. Feb '13        " Love With an Open Heart"
  5. Nov '14       " Life is a Gift"
  6. Dec '14       " Live Every Moment"
  7. Jan ' 15       " Share From Your Heart" 
  8. Mar '15      "Remember Who You Are"

I didn't get much stitching in today as I was helping over at the community centre for their Christmas Party catering. I really didn't do much, the 3 main farm ladies did all the actual cooking & prep work for the desserts; but for whatever reason the ladies had requested I be there to help & so I went. One of the other ladies didn't know why she was there either with so little to do. My 4 things I did were to make an icing glaze & put it on a cake they had already baked. Cut the buns in 1/2. Help pull the food down the hall for the dinner, buffet style so there wasn't even any serving required. And dishes at the end.

That. Was. All.

Daughter is having a sleep over tonight as part of her Bday party. So in the afternoon, I excused myself from the kitchen & took her to town to get pizza & hit up the loonie store. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are now carrying DMC floss! Granted I wasn't impressed that each skein was $1.05 but now I know if the fabric shop does not have a colour I can look there. Fabric shop is 79c/skein.

Tonight I have done some work on Ronnie's rifle. Only 320 more stitches to fill and then I can do the back stitching. *thumbs up* I will need to get some mounting boards & a frame.
 Tomorrow we will be going to the city to take the girls to the water park as per daughter dearests request.  Hubby took the boys into the city today for their early bday party funs. Boy child #2 brought 2 of his friends & blew most of his bday money on games at the arcade & the rest on junk food. Typical, almost 17 yr old boys. Basement dweller (Boy child #3) just wandered around the mall with his dad. While they are off on water slide adventures we shall wander the mall, people watch & hopefully find some Christmas gifts for the kids. (and a frame for Ronnie's piece).
 


Comments

  1. Yay new stash! Sounds like you have a fun night planned lol happy birthday to daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice last minute splurge! You can always wrap it up as Christmas present from one of the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of them will wind up as my gift in the Valentines Exchange I joined.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

2017 - Happy New Year