During lunch break (and then again after work because the 2 hrs I put into sorting wasn't enough) I took down the 2 bins of my stash and began the daunting task of getting all the floss separated out. It was again intermingling and needed drastic untangling & a little guess work at certain #s as their sleeve had slide off. I then put them into numerically ordered baggies. The zip lock bags also came in handy for containing all the projects I came across still needing attention. I labeled those as well.
I have an old wooden dresser that I've recently converted into my cross stitch holding cell. It needs a sanding and reprinting but that won't happen until warmer weather. The top drawer has been designated to hold all these floss bags. I seen some plastic containers at the loonie store the other day which might work better but I have to measure the draw vs # of boxes I'll need before I go ahead and change everything around.
Drawer 2 now has all my UFO's, WIP's & recently purchased wanna-starts for 2015. Some have their required colours already sorted into the bags, some do not. Either way, should I get the need to start something - I will look in there first. Like my 'Heartwarming Wreath'
Drawer 3 has all the aida fabric. Drawer 4 has a mishmash of oddities & notions. I put all the unused magazines back on the bookshelf where they belong. My closet looks a lot more bare.