Summer Check In

Hola heat batman! Glad the summer is warm, even though I spend most of it indoors for work.

I finished a pillow for my brother in laws son. He just turned 4. 

I used a glow in the dark white for the eyes - I only stitched it in a single thread so hopefully it doesn't glow enough to be creepy. I doesn't show up here but the black area of the pillow has a web print to it. Design was from a free croix de pointe du jour site. I altered it to just be 5 simple colours instead of all the single blocks of multiple colours original charted (site uses a computer program to make charts from pixeled gifs). 

I've got an iris started for a friend of mine who just had her birthday 

I've got 2 others picked out to do, 1 for her town sister and 1 for another community member whose birthday is this coming Friday.

 Almost finished a 'Rustic Barn'. I had to re start one because it didn't seem to line up. Printed off the pages and reconfigured then to fit properly. 

My eyes have become more of a problem lately so I haven't been stitching much, though if you ask my customers they wouldn't know any difference as they see me many time stitching while I wait for someone. Mary (a customer) even brought me a booklet she had 'she doesn't stitch so why waste it if I could use it'.....nice gesture but I *wont* be using it as it's, well...really ugly!!!! Wool/ plastic canvas chart for an African theme. I think it's a late 70's early 80s publication. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

2017 - Happy New Year