Stitchin' and Stashes

Its been a long boring stint at work in the afternoons, most people do their pick ups in the mornings. Leaving me with plenty of stitchable time useage, especially now that fall is in full swing and people are making less effort to even venture out of their warm homes (not that I blame them) or are in the throws of trying to get that last bit of harvest off the pastures. 

#1:
I completed a small smiling pumpkin baby book insert for my niece. This is her first Halloween.

 #2:
I finally finished my cousins dress piece. Whoop! I added a bit of glittery silver ribbon to the sides as the backing mat didn't quite stretch to the full length of the frame opening, and I was unable to find a mat I liked to go along with it. Now all I have to do is mail it off. 




#3:
While I've been plugging away at the cabin piece. It doesn't quite feel like I've made progress until I look back on here and see where I was at last posting. Mainly because once again, I incorrectly counted by 2. Well by 1, but in 2 places which threw the whole left side outta kilter. I had to frog it out as I went along making the proper corrections. Baaahhh!!! *insert frustrated hair pulling face*




#4

Working on a autumn scene for my husband. 

#5
Started an Old Barn, for a Christmas project

#6
Put some stitches into the 'Cadet', the Tribal Panda, Hot Stuff.   

Fun From Next Door:

My ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL neighbour lady brought over 3 big boxes of past cross stitch subscriptions. There was a box full of Stoney Creek Magazines, some of which I already have, most I do not. A box full of late 80's - mid 2000's mixed magazines & one of Needlework world & Anna magazines (most of which I won't ever use as its more for tatting or other yarn works I don't craft).

I had crazy excitement when, while flipping through the pages, I came across the corresponding pieces for many of the projects I have already completed and actually grace my own walls. 
***Sqqueee!!!!*** I've ear marked the future projects with sticky notes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

2017 - Happy New Year