Soccer

The soccer season has finally come to an end. Our girls (The Annihilators) were hard working, skilled and played as a team. Their last game, an already closely matched game with our other town team w/ just 1 point separating us from them in the tricounty standings - was riveting the whole way through, sadly we lost by just 1 point (score was 3-2 for the Blitz). This means our girls disappointingly do not get to go onto Provincials this year.

In years past I have stitched a piece for both the coach & co-coach. Had the girls sign the mats & give it to them at the season closer picnic party. This year there was none of that. My daughter didn't want to do the gift giving stitching and the coach is not a picnic closer kinda guy. I have stitched a piece for him though and shall give it to him when I turn my dd's jerseys. It is a repeat of the piece I made for our co-coach last year, only having changed the colours of the word "soccer", the cleat colouring and of course the team name/year.
Its being stitched on the Highland aida as it is a green/yellow tint, similar to grass one would find on the field. I simply need to complete the letter "E", some back stitch and frame it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

2017 - Happy New Year