Mid October

Few new starts for this week. Stoney Creek's "1 cup @ a time" from the Jan/Feb '02 magazine. A quick 2 day stitch. This will wind up as someone's holiday gift. I've got an idea for who but not 100%.

 

I learned a new painting technique recently from a local shop, Sunday Morning Chic. The proprietor, Anita, has started holding workshops now that her store is in a more centralized location. The class I attended dealt with using her supplied paint brand Fusion. Using the beeswax rubbings to create worn spots we painted step stools. I think I will use this etching with a dark brown paint for this piece. Just have to hit up a few 2nd hand stores for a frame.

 

For another gift for some of my older customers, I started my first mitten from the pattern by Diane Arthurs called "Mitten Friends". The one i began yesterday will be Colette. 

I've stitched it on sparkly Aida. 



Comments

  1. Beautiful pieces :). I just bought some sparkly Aida myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year