July Smalls SAL


http://stitchinglotus.ca
2016 Smalls SAL 

2 more finishes - one from the WIPs drawer (Chicken Trio) and a fresh Start/Finish (Cat Attitude).


A few years ago I gifted Linda some chicks when I put in my order. Alas she found out she was indeed allergic to birds and had to give them away herself. I'd started this piece with the thoughts it would be a set of birds she wouldn't react to. 😉 I dropped it off to her today at lunch. She wanted to know if it was a "Red Bench" stitching. Haha. I assured her it was and she seemed happy. 

My Red Bench is, well, just that. A red bench we've set outside my office that I spend a great deal of time on when it's quiet. 


I did the Cat Attitude for a sassy community member. She's turning 82 shortly here & had asked me last year for a cat stitching. When I found this one I immediately thought of Shirley. 
The blue flowers that make up the body reminded me of China tea cups that boast the similar pattern.


She was very excited receive it & claimed to have a perfect place on the chesterfield for it.  I surprised her, I don't think she thought I'd actually stitch her down thing; which is good... I like surprising people. 


Comments

  1. that is the best cat - you are so very thoughtful You make the best gifts with your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching, love the chicken trio and unusual cat attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your three chickens look great and I love that cat with attitude - a great finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year