Updating for 2015

Rarely do I log on via the computer this year and can not seem to update anything beyond a basic post using my mobile devices. So today I've actually taken the time to adjust my projects list page, adding items not currently listed, crossing off those that are complete and for my own sanity making sure to add the year they were finished as well as to whom they were intended/given. *Hopefully* this will keep 2015 on track. I'm not going to bother to try and follow a 'calendar of stitching completions' this year because 2014 was such a stressful year that I didn't manage to follow the one I had enthusiastically put in place. I was quite pleased with the amount of projects that did manage to reach fruition though. I've even gone and added a page that lists my projects PRE-Blogger (so before 2013). Holy Hannah! I didn't realize there were so many!!! 

There are a fair bit on those lists I'll definitely need to finish by next Christmas if we're hoping to participate in the White Elephant family gift exchange. I used to like when everyone did something crafty. Now it's just booze, on sale board games that will collect dust, random gift cards and barroom readers. There's nothing wrong with those on their own but it's fallen away from what it used to be and the excitement that used to come with opening a prized wooden artifact from the uncles or a painting from the aunts, knitted or crocheted items from Nanny & her generation....and since next year it's suppose to out at The Shire house (what my folks place is refered to) which is in the plunk of country & backwoods, I think they expect there to be a redesign to the gift giving. (Mom got a box of paper airplane paper this year. Imagine her enthusiasm).

I've also got my own "Wish List" pieces I want to do this year. 123stitch has already received my order so I'll have some of those parts (patterns that have sat on my wish list there for a while and have come down in price, cloth for the patterns I already have, floss, beads) arriving in the new year. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness