Month of Stress

Have children they said - It will fulfill your life they said...

It's too bad that all these large family promoters forgot to leave some of the key elements out. Like how having children is like having your heart wandering around on the outside of your body and you are at the mercy of all things good & bad that it can encounter.
They forgot to mention that there is more heart ache then you could ever imagine should your children get sick, hurt, in trouble, heart broken themselves. I don't recall my mother suffering a bleeding heart as much as I feel mine has been ruptured.
There was the debate of how it would be harder to raise a daughter then a son because you have to deal with the inevitable hormonal mood changes. I would like to tell those people they are very wrong. I have little issues with my teenage daughter. She likes sports & activities & is a good hearted person. The 3 sons on the other hand are a whirling tornado of chaotic emotions and stress because they feel they are being stifled by our parenting. In other words, we parent instead of the abandonment that their peers experience from their parentals. We involve ourselves in their lives because we love them & want to see them achieve their greatest potential. Not Be The Best but Be Their Best. These are 2 completely different things.

This being said - Mid March/April has felt very long in our household. My heart has been gauged and the ache is tremendous.  My eyes are in a constant state of reddening, dry & itchy from the tears that betray me and spill out. The saline acidity has worn a stinging streak down my other wise winter dry cheeks. I've stopped wearing eyeliner since it tends to have me looking raccooned by the time end of day approached.

Not much in way of stitching has occurred. Little bits here & there. I started 'Rosemary' & 'Harvest Helper' is almost done. I have printed off a few little projects hoping I can get them done faster then the bigger pieces that I feel Blah about working on.
 I have a Camping one w/ buttons that is almost finished  & I have started one for my Mother. To keep with something minimally productive, I have also gone onto Pintrest and started documenting the pieces w/in the multiple bookcases I have of cross stitching magazines & along with putting a sticky tab place marker, I have added to them to my "want to stitch" folder w/ all the other tempting pieces I come across.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness