March 11, 2014

Family life has been quite chaotic the past while. I haven't done very much in way of progressive stitches. I have started a few pieces; cut out the cloth for others and rounded up a large collection of dmc for these future projects.
Did you know: that Michaels has a 200 items per sale limit? I know possess this first hand knowledge. I also find it very bizarre that for such a big crafting store, that their tills do not contain a 'quantity' button. Each skein (and more over any item being bought) has to be individually added. It would be much simpler to just go 3-quantity button-scanned item, or so forth. 
It made for lots of idle chatter time with the sales rep, who doesn't stitch but would like to eventually. Who doesn't know why they don't carry a better selection of leaflets (they used to I informed her) or material (because they're very low on that in stock as well). I just shrugged. Not much I can say when a business has decided to cut their craft down due to reduced interest.

I've put some blocks of colour into my SIL's Horses; have the overalls & dirt almost complete on my Harvest Helper; have the crow and some of the twisted branches done on the Heartwarming Wreath & completed The Clipper. Plus another 'sneaky library return' bookmark for the book "The Lost Wife" by Alyson Richman



I started the Celtic Cross AND finished it today. It was a very slow morning. Surprisingly so considering it was a balmy Albertan +3.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year