Whirl Wind!!!

Ugh! What a week of head aches. The kids are all sick, coughing, whining....you know, normal sick kids stuff. Complete with my eldest (who's finishing up grade 10 atm) calling during lunch break (his and mine) to see if I could drive to town with some TEA  for him. He's actually used the words "Mom, can you make me some tea?"  With my lunch break fairly short, I have been sending him to school with a thermos in the morning as it takes over 1/2 hr to drive to town and then home again, let alone factor into finding him once I get there. Poor bugger he's even had to miss work today - who wants to have cough added to their fries...yuck. All thanks to my Dh who brought it home with him last week. (We were totally healthy up until then! >>Dagger eyes<<)
Then there's been other people causing mental exhaustion. I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep so my eyes are very dark. Even the farmers have commented. (* ~ *)

Stitching has been slow as I start, put a couple of stitches in and just feel......blazé.

Here's what I have made head way on though.

Husband & Wife:
I don't know why they've rotated themselves, or how to rectify them on here. I did do more work on the leaves, their hair and started adding the words.

STRENGTH:


 I'm going to add 2 pictures of this one. The first is what it looks like while I'm stitching. Dark Navy - which is why it hurts my eyes to no end unless its really bright. Even with the light Gina so kindly lent to me, it is hard to see....mainly because the light bulb itself blinds me and I just see spots. The best place for stitching this is outside in the bright sunshine.

Now heres what it looks like when I use my flash - easier to see what has been added stitch wise. The black shading under the letters specifically.



 Here is the little blood drop from the pattern below. Showing both the front and the back. Its not neat enough to be reversible, but isn't sloppy either.

FRAMED WORKINGS:

So I was able to get frames and mats cut for both boys pieces. I think they turned out really good!

Anthony's

And

Christopher's

FUN IN THE MAIL!!!

 Aida cloth arrived from 123 Stitch. The Herald was suppose to be a lot more of a bright green then the dark teal that it turned out to actually be. I'm not sure what that was all about - but it wasn't at all what I was expecting :'(  Especially since it was to be used for the Tribal Panda cross stitch.




I did start on the panda though despite the saddened colour mismatch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun in the mail

2017 - Happy New Year

Heeeerrrree Chick-Chick...MAY Smalls SAL & other goodness